I am a senior application developer and architect with nearly 20 years experience focused on the financial, insurance and sports industries. My recent experience is focused on web and mobile application development using rich platforms such as ExtJS and Sencha Touch. This is an evolution of the expertise developed early in my career designing and building individual applications and platforms for internal and partner applications. I am looking to continue this trend by helping organizations deliver modern applications for today’s needs and future technological directions.
Primary Server: JavaEE, Hibernate, JPA, Cayenne, Tapestry, JSF, JSP, Jersey (JAX-RS), MySQL, Jetty
Other Technologies: Eclipse, Maven, Git, Subversion, jQuery, Prototype, Scriptaculous, iText (Java PDF generation), Apache POI (Java Excel and Word generation), JavaFX, SASS, Compass, Google Guice, JSON, XML, LDAP, JNDI, Apache, Nginx, Lotus Notes and Domino development and administration, Adobe Photoshop, Ant, Ruby, Windows, OSX, Linux, Jira, Confluence
National Hockey League • New York, NY • 2005-2013
Senior Application Developer and Architect (Consultant)
- Designed and managed the development of an ExtJS/Sencha Touch (MVC) based intranet consolidating all league applications in a single, consistent interface. In addition to the ExtJS front end, the system included an advanced authentication and user administration system using a combination of Domino Directory, Microsoft Active Directory and MySQL to provide league employees, team employees and external partners with a single sign in for both new and legacy applications.
- Developed framework to automatically generate ExtJS store and model definitions based on Hibernate entity classes. The framework consisted of custom JSP tags for automatic store generation and customization. It also included a REST API to handle all communication between ExtJS and the server. The API included built in support for filtering, sorting, paging and all other ExtJS REST store functionality.
- Managed migration of several applications from Lotus Notes Client to new ExtJS/Java environment. These included Media Game Notes, Amateur Scouting, HR Systems, Team Finance and Analytics, Brand Asset Management and various other applications.
Globecon Group • New York, NY • 2002-2004
Senior Developer, Administrator, NT/Unix Administrator, Tech Team Lead (Consultant)
- Designed advanced menu system customized for the training needs for each client.
- Designed and developed system to automatically generate nightly Excel reports on the Domino servers using COM/VBA. Agent created new Notes documents with attached reports which were made available to our clients on the web.
- NT and Domino administration for approximately 15 partitioned domino servers
- Unix administration including DNS, Firewall and user management
- Developed all internal operational Notes applications
JPMorgan Chase • New York, NY • 2000-2002
Senior Developer (Consultant)
- Maintained approximately 35 operational applications for the wholesale bank.
- Designed and developed Notes based system for senior management to submit, discussion, review and approve new financial products.
Broadview • Fort Lee, NJ • 1999-2000
Senior Developer, Administrator, Team Lead
- Maintained various Lotus Notes applications used to collect and analyze data on thousands of telecommunications, media and internet companies to assist in advising clients and structuring mergers and acquisitions
- Using COM/VBA, created process to generate Powerpoint presentations for M&A proposals based on data captured in the Lotus Notes applications.
- Implemented a new, independent Lotus Domino and internet domain for a new venture capital group. Migrated all users and applications to the new environment.
- Upgraded all clients and servers from Notes/Domino 4.6 to 5.0
- Supervised a junior developer and junior administrator.
Bestfoods • Englewood Cliffs, NJ • 1998-1999
Senior Developer, Administrator, Systems Analyst
- Senior developer responsible for developing and maintaining Lotus Notes applications for 4,000 users in North America.
- Implemented Notes and Domino at International Dessert Products, a joint venture between Bestfoods and Betty Crocker.
- Developed a flexible web based intranet for the North American Marketing group. Success of the intranet and the open nature of the platform enabled various domestic and international business groups to implement their own versions of the system.
- Developed Domino based web inventory system based on Microsoft Access data using ODBC.
- Trained end users on the use of Lotus Notes upon their migration from CC:Mail.
Prudential HealthCare • Roseland, NJ • 1992-1998
Systems Analyst, Developer
- Developed reports detailing production and quality of 48 claims offices throughout the United States. Performed analysis to assist in consolidation of offices to 4 regional centers.
- Worked as a liaison between business units and programming staff to specify changes and enhancements to various systems. Developed test plans and performed quality assurance for those changes.
- Worked with technology partners Netscape and Sun Microsystems and a team of four analysts in development of the healthcare insurance industry’s first web based benefits management system. Also worked closely with some of our larger clients such as Cincinnati Bell, Johnson and Johnson, and PSE&G to analyze methods for integrating our platform with their internal systems.
William Paterson College • Wayne, NJ • Computer Science • 1992-1994
March 2004 Brainbench Domino R5 Master (97th Percentile)
November 1998 Principal Certified Lotus Professional (PCLP)
October 1998 Certified Lotus Professional (CLP)
December 1996 Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Access Developer